- Pump your tank regularly.
- Laundry every day or every other day rather than all in one day. Large quantities of water entering the tank can purge unwanted materials into the absorption area.
- Clear weeds from drain field area to enhance evaporation qualities.
- Conserve water.
- Keep your septic tank cover accessible for tank inspection and pumping by having a riser installed to or near the surface.
- Call the professionals at East Mountain Pumping and Septic Systems, Inc. at 281-3513 when you have problems.
- Flush non-biodegradable products into the tank (such as wipes or feminine products).
- Allow toilets and other fixtures to run, drip, or leak.
- Use a garbage disposal or put other waste down the drain (such as cooking grease, coffee grounds, paper towels, facial tissues or cigarette butts).
- Use anti-bacterial products.
- Use large amounts of bleach in the laundry.
- Dig in your drain field or build anything over it.